Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Gift

"The Gift" by Rickard Paul Evans

What a sweet, touching, simple book. An easy, feel good read. It is about a boy who finds he can heal people but in doing so he becomes sick. When we give to people sometimes it takes from us but if we give from the heart I believe that what it takes is worth it. I have come to discover that everything, everything involves some sort of sacrifice. Even our dreams involve giving something else up. Sometimes it is hard to figure out what is worth that sacrifice. But I have been told the very best things in life are worth it. Two quotes that I liked, "All miracles are an expression of love" and "We're all moons. Some are just better at hiding their dark sides." If you want a simple pick me up story this is the one to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment