Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Cracking The Communication Code

"Cracking the Communication Code" by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs

I am a big fan of Dr. Emerson. I read his Love and Respect book and I would recommend it to everyone, married or not. He has some very simple tools to help understand the opposite sex. He is funny and backs up everything with scripture. His books make you think but don't leave your head hurting with too much information. This book is about being able to speak your mate's language. Favorite quote, "Every word you speak to your mate provides you with the opportunity to show your heart to God." He says to picture Jesus standing behind your spouse when you talk to them. Wow! That one made me stop and think. What am I saying to my husband or even my children for that matter, is it uplifting and encouraging? Would Jesus approve? He is there and He is listening. It is time I start remembering that.

No comments:

Post a Comment