Friday, January 22, 2010

Cold Tangerines

"Cold Tangerines" by Shauna Niequist

My bestest curly haired friend gave this to me for Christmas. The book is about finding God in every day life. When we do this there is light, hope, love and joy that we couldn't see before. I know that I get bogged down with preparing meals, cleanup, school, discipline, finances and taking care of my family that I forget to see God amidst my busyness. I want to stop. I want to see Him in my every day. I long for this. I long to not live from task to task doing the mundane. I want to remember that God is here, even in the mundane, don't you? "But I'm learning to just keep moving, keep walking, keep taking teeny tiny steps. And it's in those teeny tiny steps and moments that I become, actually, who I am. We won't arrive. But we can become. And that's the most hopeful thing I can think of." I need to become because I know I will never, ever arrive. Who is God asking me to become? Who is God asking you to become?

No comments:

Post a Comment