Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven

"The Boy who came back from heaven" by Kevin and Alex Malarkey
This book is about a boy who was in a car accident with his father and should not have lived. He was internally decapitated and went to heaven. I think this is an amazing story of some amazing miracles that God preformed in the life of a young boy. I would like to meet Alex, he seems like a remarkable boy with Gods hand upon him. Whether you believe he actually went to heaven or not this book is full of Gods miracles and inspiring to read. "God's peace was there, available for me, but I had to receive it by rejecting the Accuser and listening to the Voice of Truth." Oh how many times a day do I search for God's peace? I struggle to listen to the Voice of Truth rather than the voice of lies. "It reminded us again that God's work is not limited, isolate, or performed in some kind of spiritual vacuum. Everything He does is interconnected, so that when He blesses one person there is a ripple effect of blessings at large." God longs to bless His people and since we are all His family when one is blessed we all reap rewards. How cool is that? "Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow. Awareness of others is a healthy antidote to this self-focus." Oh how true. Problems become huge when we can't see anything else. I always try and think of others when I become bogged down with the troubles in my life and I am reminded that I am not the only one struggling and so many others need prayer too. "When we are desperate for God, He is everywhere to be found." If only I could be desperate enough or more often. I need help finding God sometimes and usually it is when I am too busy or focusing on my circumstances. But when I take my eyes off of myself and stop I find Him and find Him so near.

No comments:

Post a Comment