Friday, February 11, 2011

Kiss

"Kiss" by Ted Dekker and Erin Healy

This is about a woman who wakes up in a hospital and can't remember the last 6 months. She was in an accident that she is being told she is at fault for and it has left her beloved brother brain damaged. She doesn't know whom she can trust and she starts to remember things she has never known. She is afraid for her life but doesn't know why. I found this book to be really fascinating. It kept me on the edge of my seat and I am not a big thriller reader. "Your history is no less important to your survival than your ability to breathe. In the end, you can only determine whether to saturate your memories with pain or with perspective." People often say I wish I could forget that or forget what happened to me. But we never really can and those things are the things that make us who we are. It is just a matter of what we do with those memories, remember the pain or put them in perspective. "My past was not something God wanted to amputate. He wanted to cast a new light on it so that my life could have new meaning. He wanted to restore it so that it would become useful to Him and to others." Our past is a part of us and we need to let God use it and use it for His glory. That is the only way to make the past bearable. "You choose pain-you choose to fight it, deny it, bury it-then yes, the choice is always hard. But you choose perspective-embrace your history, give it credit for the better person it can make you, scars and all-the choice gets easier every time."

No comments:

Post a Comment