Saturday, February 26, 2011

Burn

"Burn" by Ted Dekker and Erin Healy

Janeal has long felt trapped in her father's Gypsy culture. Then one night a powerful man promises her the life she longs for-if she will help recover a vast sum of money tied to her father. When the plan implodes the gypsy settlement is attacked and burned to the ground. During the blaze, Janeal is faced with a staggering choice. The impact of that moment changes her forever. (That was taken from the back of the book as I couldn't say it any better.) This book takes many twists and turns and just when you think you have it figured out another twist is thrown in. I honestly didn't see what this book had coming. It is expertly written. I love a book I can't predict, or better yet, think I can but realize I had it all wrong, and this book fits the bill. Our choices have greater impact then we think and reach many more people than we ever imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment