Monday, March 29, 2010

Treasure Box

"Treasure Box" by Penelope J. Stokes

This was a good little easy read novel. It is about a women who has built walls around her life due to past hurt but when she buys a treasure box she discovers all that she has been missing. We shield ourselves from getting hurt but we miss out on all that God has for us. With life comes hurt but there is so much more. More love, more joy, more laughter, more of everything. And the risk is worth it. "In this new reality she had to deal with the painful rasp of heart against heart, mind against mind, soul against soul, as the people she loved sandpapered away her rough edges." I love the word picture of the people we love "sandpapering away our rough edges". I need help being all that God wants me to be and I am thankful that God put such loving people in my life to help me become that special person.

No comments:

Post a Comment