Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Reliable Wife

"A Reliable Wife" by Robert Goolrick

Let me start out by saying you never know what you are going to get when you pick out a book at the library. This was a very interesting book. It had so many twists and turns. I can usually predict what is going to happen in any given book but this one kept surprising me, even up to the very end. Now this book is not a christian book by any means. It is about a man who puts an ad in the paper for a wife and a whore who responds, only he doesn't know she is a whore. So with that said there are some parts that you might want to skip over. But I had to keep reading as it kept me on my toes and I couldn't believe that it continually had new twists that I couldn't predict. A very interesting read and a story about how our pasts haunt us when we don't deal with them, about love in all the wrong places and where that takes a person.

1 comment:

  1. I have this book on my to read list after I came across it in a little book shop but wasn't sure if it would be any good or not. Now I will definitely have to read it - maybe I'll download it for my new Kindle!!!

    ReplyDelete