Thursday, August 27, 2009

Andy Andrews-The Traveler's Gift & The Noticer

"The Traveler's Gift"

This book is about seven decisions that determine personal success. I found it to be a pretty good book with insight on things that I wrote down to try and do every day. It is about a man whose life seems to be falling apart. Then he goes on an "adventure" and is told about seven decisions to help him to personal success. It is interesting and an easy read. Nothing profound but things that are good to be reminded about none the less.

"The Noticer"
Amazing book! Was a very easy read that I just gobbled up. You won't want to put it down, I promise. It talks about how people's lives are falling apart but that all we need is a little perspective. This book helped me to see things differently and I want to read it again to get even more perspective. My favorite part is when a man is sharing a meal to a homeless boy on the beach. The boy clearly isn't thrilled with the food, Vienna sausages and sardines. The man asks the boy what he is eating and he says, "Vienna sausages and sardines. Same as you." To which the man replies, "No, you ate sardines and Vienna sausages in the sand. I dined on surf and turf with an ocean view." It is all about perspecitve. I say, "Read this book!"

No comments:

Post a Comment