Thursday, August 27, 2009

Daniel Isn't Talking

"Daniel Isn't Talking" by Marti Leimbach

This book is about a family dealing with the diagnosis that their son is autistic. What is interesting is that the author has an autistic son but the book is a novel. I found the book very intriguing as it weaves what I am sure are real happenings of life with an autistic child with what the author probably wishes had happened in her life. It was a good dose of reality yet it had lots of funny moments. It opened my eyes and taught me how special the moms are that have autistic children. My favorite quote, "Other people don't have children with autism. They aren't entitled to an opinion." You shouldn't judge unless you have been in their shoes. You just never know what someone is going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment