Thursday, January 6, 2011

Safe Haven

"Safe Haven" by Nicholas Sparks

My favorite author, great book, not his best, but great any way. Honestly I haven't read one of his books that I thought was bad, I don't think he could write a bad one if he tried. This book is about a women named Katie who moves into town with secrets regarding a mysterious past. She doesn't want to form any personal ties and keeps to herself until a caring neighbor and a store owner make her see the need for friends. She must choose, life alone or the risk of a relationship. This book is a little different from Nicholas' others as it has a bit of mystery to it. A few favorite quotes: "I'm not sure anyone's life turns out exactly the way they imagine. All we can do is to try to make the best of it. Even when it seems impossible." Good words, I know my life has sometimes taken turns I didn't expect but all that I can do is ask God to help make the best of it. "Maybe I don't want to be defined by what I do. Maybe I'd like to be defined by what I am." We live in a world where we are being defined by the jobs that we do. God doesn't define us by what we do but by who we are and that to me is reassuring since I can't ever seem to do a job to perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment