Friday, July 8, 2011

Fools Rush In

"Fools Rush In" by Janice Thompson
Alright this was another free book on my Kindle but at the end of the book I found out it was the first in a series. So I guess that is how they get you hooked, give you the first book for free and make you pay for the others. This was such a fun, light hearted book. I love weddings (and I've coordinated a few), what girl doesn't? The family in this book just makes you laugh and not take your family so seriously. Bella Rossi is thirty and just got handed the families wedding planning business. She decides to do themed weddings and her first is a country one. She knows nothing about country music but finds true love, appreciation for her family and their differences, confidence and humor through coordinating her first successful, not without mishaps, wedding. "Funny how one event can change absolutely everything." Bella's life changed from this one wedding but I know many lives that are changed due to some tragic event. Makes me want to take this day for all that it is worth. "Compromise, it was the stuff relationships were made of. Good relationships, anyway." Compromise isn't easy when you are stuck in your ways but it sure does make life easier. I have learned it with my husband, with my children and even in my friendships. "You never know what new roads He has for you unless you open yourself up to the possibilities." New roads are scary, I don't like change too much but it helps me to remember that God goes before, with and after me. New roads can't be all that scary then.

No comments:

Post a Comment