Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Daughter of Joy

"Daughter of Joy" by Kathleen Morgan
This is the first in a four book series. I got this for free on Amazon for my Kindle but now that they got me hooked I am going to have to buy the rest of the series. It is a very easy quick read. I enjoyed this book very much and look forward to the others. It is about a woman whose husband and young son have died. She is looking to move on with her life and find God's will. She takes a job as a housekeeper for a man who has lost two wives and a son. He has a young daughter whose heart is also hardened. It is a story of second chances and how helping others can heal your own hurts. "I cannot hope to know God's will until I begin to search and listen." So often we wonder what God's will is but we do not take the time to listen. "Everything that happened in life-whether for good or bad, joyous or tragic reasons-held the potential to sanctify and bring one closer to the Lord." I wish that I always looked at life this way and hope that I allow all circumstances to bring me closer to the Lord. "God always has a reason. It's just so hard sometimes for us to accept it. Fear gets in the way, doesn't it? Fear of that great unknown, fear that God will require something that we cannot, or don't want, to do. But we can. God never asks anything of us that He doesn't give us sufficient strength to do. And He never, ever asks it unless it's for our greater good." Oooo, I love that quote. Most times I feel as if God is asking too much of me and I forget He is my strength and everything is for my good. "Faith isn't grounded on emotions. It's grounded on the will. It's grounded in the act of taking up your cross and following the Lord wherever He leads, through good times and bad, through dark days and happy ones. We're not tested and tempered in good times. Our true test lies in the dark night of our despair." Such good words to live by. I often feel like I am running on my emotions and I don't want to do that. All in all a good book with some good lessons for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment