Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Twenties Girl

"Twenties Girl" by Sophie Kinsella

This was a fun book to read. It was a good break from all the serious books that I have been reading. Just a fun, light book. It is about a girl who is visited by a ghost, her 105 year old great aunt. She didn't know her aunt and throughout the story she gets to know her and all her history. Her aunt helps her see her life for what it really is and helps her through some tough situations. It is a funny book with lots of laughable moments. Here is a quote that I like, "It's easy to discount family. It's easy to take them for granted. But your family is your history. Your family is part of who you are." I think so often we take our families for granted, that they will always be there. Then one day they aren't and we find out we really didn't know anything about them. I want to pass on my family history to my girls but I can't do that if I don't ask those in my family who are older questions about their lives. Take the time, before you know it the times has gone and so has your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment