Tuesday, October 28, 2014

What I Know For Sure

"What I Know For Sure" by Oprah Winfrey

I used to be a big fan of Oprah's, I still like her but am not over the moon about her any more.  This book caught my eye at the library.  It's a book about things Oprah knows for sure, as the name states.  Things that she has learned throughout her life.  For the most part I agree with her although she does have a few askewed thoughts when it comes to God.  This is just a quick little book of a collection of good nuggets to keep in mind when you are walking this journey called life.  "Sometimes we get so focused on the difficulty of our climb that we lose sight of being grateful for simply having a mountain to climb."  There is always something to be grateful for.  "When you focus on the goodness in your life, you create more of it."  Where our focus lies is what becomes magnified so if our focus is on the good in our lives that is what becomes the greatest.  "You are built not to shrink down to less but to blossom into more."  I love that.  We are to be more, keep growing and learning and loving.  "If I know nothing else for sure, I know that the big miracles we're waiting on are happening right in front of us, at every moment, with every breath."  It is just a matter of looking for them, of being open and aware and taking the time to notice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment